CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program

For families who are experiencing financial hardship and as a result, rent and housing insecurity, California has opened the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program. Application runs March 30 - April 30 11:59PM PST.

To help landlords and tenants who are financially struggling with rent during COVID-19, California has opened the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program. Through the program, landlords can get reimbursed for 80% of an eligible renter's unpaid rent between April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021, if they agree to waive the remaining 20% of owed rent during that time period. Eligible renters whose landlords choose not to participate in the program can apply on their own and receive 25% of unpaid rent between April 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021. For those living in Los Angeles county, applications open March 30 at 8AM, and close April 30 at 11:59PM. Mark your calendars!
Share this news with your family, friends, or anyone around you who is in need of rent relief.

The link to the general CA application is here:

The link to the Los Angeles application for renters

If you need help navigating the website or would like someone to walk through it with you, Kid City social worker interns are available to help.